Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The A, B, C's of Inspiration

A // B // C

I've been sitting and daydreaming of where to focus my creative attention in the apartment and thought the best place to start was a small space: the bathroom. But have you ever been overwhelmed with a myriad of ideas and not been able to organize them into one coherent picture? Your idea is just a hazy mess of random smaller ideas? It's not a place I like to be stuck when creating or designing. But (thankfully) that is where the inspiration board comes in! Woohoo! Hats off to the inspiration board.

Through my quest to organize my bathroom redecoration ideas, I also found that at the foundation of this little space is the focus on three key elements: details, function and personality. Here is how I plan to incorporate these elements along with my inspiration:

A// Details: A small change can make all the difference and nothing freshens up a room like the accent of a plant. It's a detail that can make the boringest of places just light up. Having a couple of these details in the space will add some color and some life.

B// Function: With limited space, it is essential for elements of the room to possess some type of dual function. I love the idea and look of the tray on the toilet ledge. This bathroom in particular has no closet or shelving, so the tray transforms the back of the toilet into an added storage/shelving space to put necessities. 

C// Personality: The striped wall adds a focal point that is so fresh and bold. I am not set on the color, but am intrigued by a striped accent wall to add some needed personality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment