Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Splurge or Save: Style for Any Size Budget


As I talked about here, the rental is being revamped bit by bit (or so my intentions think). As summer and life pick up, the gap has widened between dreaming up new decoration ideas and accomplishing the revamp (and continues to widen with each passing 70 degree day. With this beautiful weather, I just want to spend all my free time in the open air!) So though the process has slowed down, my attentions try to make their way over to the bathroom re-decoration when they can. I have found it the most manageable when tasks are divided into small segments, rather than trying to conquer the whole revamp in one fell swoop. So with that in mind, I have the task of picking out a shower curtain and bath accessories.

Being ever-so-budget-minded in my quest to find stylish bathroom doodads, I have thankfully run in to an array of similar styles offered in just as large of a selection of prices. So before being bombarded with beautiful bath things and overlooking the price due to its mesmerizing cuteness (not that this has happened to me before or anything...), I map out my budget for my bathroom redo and make a list of things that are most meaningful to change first. So where my budget focuses for now is this: shower curtain and bath accessories (towels, pictures, paint can come later). I recommend focusing on two to three things and researching where you can get the style you want for the price you are looking to spend.

Whether the sky is the limit to your decorating extravaganza or you are looking for one new piece with the dollars you have saved, there are similar looks offered for any size wallet. If you are working on a tight budget, get a general idea for the look you want then don't be afraid to check discount stores like HomeGoods, Marshalls or even Walmart - stylish things can come in the most unexpected places. (a huge sigh of relief from this girl!) It may take some sniffing around and patience, but in the end your budget and your bathroom will thank you! Here are some things that achieve the same look but can be splurged or saved on!

Rugby Stripe Shower Curtain
Splurge // West Elm Strip Shower Curtain in Dusty Navy $39.99
Save // Target Shower Curtain in BLack/White $21.49

Vintage Soap Pump
Splurge // Restoration Hardware Pharmacy Soap Dispenser - Clear $39.00
Save // Threshold Oil Can Beach Tall Soap Pump $9.99


No comments:

Post a Comment